Pre-treatment and application
A paint system will only perform optimal if pre-treatment and application have been done correctly according to the prescribed instructions and methods.
The COT laboratory performs regularly tests and investigations in this area; some examples are the following:
- Surface cleanliness (visual inspection according to ISO 8501 and ISO 8502 and measuring the chloride content using the Bressle test
- Surface roughness (ISO 8503; Ra and Rz values, Testex tape, roughness comparator)
- Characterising blasting abrasives (ISO 11127; particle size distribution, moisture content, conductivity, soluble salts bulk density)
- Effect of pre-treatment
- Chloride content in concrete
- Moisture content
- Mixing ratio
- Workability (with airless of air spraying)
- Drying times
- Pot life (ISO 9514)
- Spreading ratio
- Wrinkling, beading
- Orange peel effect
The COT laboratory has an own application room to prepare panels / samples for various tests. We have brush, roller, air spraying and airless spray equipment (pump 1:66).
Ask the specialist
Do you have a question about the above or one of our other services? Our specialists are happy to help you!